Did you accidentally click on a show on Amazon Prime Video that you are not interested in? Watched something embarrassing on a shared account and now getting flooded with even more mortifying recommendations? You can remedy the situation by clearing your Amazon Prime Video history. Here are our step-by-step instructions.
How to delete Amazon Prime Video history on your browser
Just like Netflix, Prime Video stores your watch history to improve recommendations. So, if a show or movie you dislike has been appearing non-stop lately, it’s time to clear similar entries from your watch history. Here is how you can do that on via your browser:
- Go to the Amazon website and sign into your Amazon Prime account.
- Hover over Accounts & Lists in the top right corner, and select Your Prime Video from the dropdown menu.
- Once you are on the Prime Video page, again in the right corner click on Settings. You will be redirected to an Account and Settings page.
- Click on the Watch History tab, followed by View Watch History. All of the movies and shows you’ve recently watched will be there. This includes videos you’ve watched on other devices such as your smartphone, Fire TV, and so on.
- To remove a show or movie from your history, simply click on Remove this from watched videos. You can also choose to tick the “I prefer not to use this for recommendations” option, if all you care about are accurate recommendations.
Unfortunately, there is no way to clear all of your Amazon Prime Video history in one go through your browser. You will have to diligently remove item by item.
How to delete search history on the Amazon Prime Video app
The Prime Video app doesn’t have an option which allows you to see or clear your watch history. However, you can still remove your search history — we won’t judge! Here is how to do it on most versions of the Android app:
- Open the Prime Video app.
- Tap the menu button (three lines) in the top left corner, then Settings.
- Tap Clear Video Search History.
That’s all you need to do! On some international versions of the Android Prime Video app, you will need to navigate to My Videos at the bottom of your screen first, then tap the Settings gear in the top right corner. It will open the same settings menu from which you can select Clear Video Search History.