Applied for your driving license but don’t know the status? Waiting to get a copy of you DL can be a time consuming process. Instead of waiting for the DL to arrive by post, you can visit the respective Regional Transport Office(RTO) with your token number to check your driving license status. You can also go online to the Sarathi website of the MInistry of Road Transport and Highways.
How to Make a Driving License Status Enquiry
- Please visit the official website of your state specific transport department. Please note that the website differs from one state to another. Make sure you visit the right website.
- You will find a link to “Check the status of your driving license”. Please select the link and enter your date of birth, DL number, and your state to find the details.
- Alternatively, you can also visit the Sarathi website of the MInistry of Road Transport and Highways to find check the status of your Indian driving license online.
- Once, you visit the Sarathi website, on your left hand side, you will find an option called “Status of License” under “National Register(DL) Queries.
- Once you choose “Status of License”, you will be asked to enter your date of birth, DL number, and your state. Please enter the details and click on “Submit”.
- You will be able to see the status of your driving license in the next page.
Please note that the RTO dispatches your driving license roughly after 2 weeks from the time you have cleared your DL test. So, checking the stats of your Indian driving license online everyday is not advisable. It generally takes a month for you to get the DL delivered to your doorstep. Make sure you have someone at home with a valid ID proof to collect the DL on your behalf if you are not around.
How to Check your RC Status Online
A Registration certificate is an official document that is issued when someone registers their motor vehicle. It acts as a proof that the motor vehicle belongs to a specific person. In India, it is mandatory to register your motor vehicle. If you are caught driving on the road without a valid RC, it is a punishable offence that attracts imprisonment or fine or both. Also, parents of minors found driving without a valid Learner’s License will be punished severely for giving their vehicle to a minor.
So, please check if all your vehicles are registered on your name. If you have purchased a used vehicle, make sure the ownership is transferred and the RC displays your name. It is very easy to check your RC status online. You just have to visit the parivahan.gov.in to know your RC status.
Follow the below steps to check your RC status:
- Visit parivahan.gov.in
- Under the “Online Services” tab, you will find an option called “Know your vehicle details”. You will now be redirected to another page where you will be allowed to check your RC status.
- You will be asked to enter your vehicle registration number. Please enter the full registration number and click on “Submit”.
- You will now see your RC status.
How To Check Your Driving License Status With Your Name Online?
Many who have applied for a driving license do not know if their application is accepted or rejected till they get a hard copy of the DL to their registered residence address. If you wish to check the status of your driving license using your name online, here are the steps to do so:
Visit the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways official website
You will be asked to enter your application number. Once you submit your DL application request, a officer will issue you the application number.
Select the state you reside in or applied for the DL from the drop down.
Select the name of the Regional Transport Office(RTO) from the drop down and click on “Submit”.
You will be able to see your details like your name and the status of your DL online.
How to Check your Vehicle Registration Status?
- Visit vahan.nic.in
- Enter Vehicle Number
- Enter Verification Code (Captcha)
- Click on ‘Search Vehicle to know your vehicle registration status
Steps to Check Driving License Application Status
Whenever people apply for a new driving license or renewed their old one, they would want to know the DL status. Knowing the status of your DL helps you know the validity of the DL and other such important details. But, one should know that it takes about a month for the driving license to be processed, posted, and delivered to you at your doorstep. You may be required to check the status of your DL online when you have cleared your permanent DL test, applied for an international DL, applied for a duplicate DL, or submitted your DL renewal application. Whatever the reason, you can follow the below steps your driving license application status online:
- Visit https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/applViewStatus.do
- On the main page, you will be asked to select the state you took the DL service from. Please choose the respective state and proceed.
- As soon as you select the state, your page will be redirected to the main page where you find an array of options.
- On your left hand side, under “Driving License”, expand the options under the “Apply Online” tab.
- Choose “Application Status” from the options.
- Once you choose Application Status”, you will be asked to enter the Application Number and your date of birth, and click on “Submit”.
- Once you submit the information, you will see the status of your driving license application on the screen.